Friday, April 1, 2016

Last 8 Months in Review

I'm back. I've had technically difficulties with transferring pictures and the like. Yes, I know I should've figured out all of this sooner, but, hey, life got in the way. Point is, the blog is back! Hopefully, with more occasional updates. I realized its a great way for me to remember things, the older I get and the older the kids get, the more I forget. So, here we are, a quick recap of the last few months since the school year began. Let me tell you, there has been a lot, but we're just going to pick the highlights. Here goes...
Just before the summer ended, Grandma Cathy came for a visit. This is at the bug museum.
But, before this, after we got home from Hawaii, the kids and I took a weekend trip to CA for my cousin Joey's wedding. The kids then spent the following week in Merced with my parents. Randy and I had a glorious week kid-free. Oddly, none of those pictures uploaded, I guess I still have technical difficulties. 

First day of 2nd grade!

First day of preschool!

A beautiful fall day trip down to Anderson Point

Recreating an old photo - I'll try to find the original.

Puyallup Fair 


One of the numerous fall festivals. 

Pumpkin Patch...

...at Hunter Farms

Night out with the crew, The Kiwanis Auction 

Just a cute face



Pumpkins! My parents drove up on a whim to spend Halloween with us, unfortunately, Lucas came down with the stomach bug. He did manage to do some trick-or-treating, but it was a hard night for him.

Roasting pumpkin seeds 

Girls weekend up in Sequim

Lucas turns 8!

Lucas has his annual karate demonstration. Currently, he is doing very well in Karate, he has just moved into the purple belt class - which is a black belt prep class.


Thanksgiving

Christmas tree hunting


Zoolights

Visiting Santa at a Christmas festival in Port Gamble


Christmas in Merced. This particular night we walked the neighborhood looking at all the lights. We were celebrating because my brother was being released from the hospital that day or the following morning. Christmas was tough this year, my brother had to have emergency open heart surgery due to a complication from a foot surgery he'd had a few weeks prior. And, the day after Christmas, my grandmother had to be admitted to the hospital due to complications from her blood thinners. Ironic, right? Thankfully, they are both doing well and recovering. We are heading down to Merced next week for Spring break so that we can see them.

Mall Santa

Christmas morning

A January trip to Hurricane Ridge

So much snow!


This big girl turns 4!

Daddy Daughter Dance


Lucas and I had our own date night.

This picture is out of order - this was Christmas Caroling at the Court House with the school back in December.

Easter Eggs!

Easter came a day early to the Burbank house this year because Lucas and I took a school trip to Washington DC leaving the night before Easter. Good thing the Easter Bunny got the memo.

Egg Hunt!
Well, that's our recap. Not too bad. I did skip a lot, but that's ok. However, I feel like with so many pictures taken - it all gets lost in the shuffle - so doing some documenting helps to keep me organized.  I will be better at this! Happy Spring!

No comments: